Quinoa Salsa Salad
This nutritious and easy to make salad is delicious as a side dish or main course!
Yields 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa* ( 2 cups boiling water with 1 cup quinoa - simmered 15 min)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrate 52 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Protein 11 g
Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
*If you can't find quinoa, substitute whole grain couscous or rice instead.