Yields 4-6 servings
The watermelon and tomatoes in this recipe pack a healthy dose of vitamins B6, A and C, and the powerful antioxidant lycopene. Enjoy this refreshing dish for a nutritious way to cool down this summer.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 cups tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt and black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and jalapeno.
Puree half of the vegetables in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the pureed mixture over the diced vegetables, add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Servings Per Recipe 4
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 5.1 g
Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
Protein 1.8 g