Tabbouleh with Watermelon & Feta
A zesty alternative to classic tabbouleh, this recipe is high in fiber and whole grains, and makes a perfect summer side dish.
Yields 6 Servings
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (or quinoa, if preferred)
- 1 ½ cups watermelon, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Servings Per Recipe 6
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 7.8 g
Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
Protein 5.6 g
Cook bulgur according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumber, and onion with the bulgur. Add the feta, parsley, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper to taste.