Quinoa Salsa Salad
This nutritious and easy to make salad is delicious as a side dish or main course!
Combine together in a mixing bowl:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa* ( 2 cups boiling water with 1 cup quinoa - simmered 15 min)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen or fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
*If you can't find quinoa, substitute whole grain couscous or rice instead.
Makes 4 Servings
- 268 calories
- 52 g carbohydrate
- 11 g protein
- 2 g fat
- 7 g fiber
Back to Healthy Recipes main page