Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked butter beans or cannellini (15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 5 to 6 artichoke hearts or bottoms, minced (15-ounce can)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Steam the spinach until just wilted (2-3 minutes). Drain.
In a food processor or blender, puree the spinach, garlic, beans, scallions, basil and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice until very smooth. Fold in the minced artichoke hearts and add more lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Makes 3 cups
Per 3 tablespoon serving:
- 26 calories
- 1 g fat
- 5.3 g carbohydrate
- 2.3 g fiber
- 1.8 g proteinBack to Healthy Recipes main page
Want to receive new tips, recipes, and more in your inbox once a month? Register for the free Diabetes Action eNewsletter and stay informed.