Spinach Bean Soup
Warm up with this healthy and easy to cook soup. The beans are high in fiber to satisfy your hunger and the spinach adds a healthy dose of vitamin A.
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Choice of either: 1/2 cup chopped celery or mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 - 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 16 oz cans Cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 quart of Vegetable broth or fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Optional: other seasonings as desired
In a large heavy pot, simmer the onions and celery in the oil until soft, over medium heat.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on low heat for 15 or 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
Adjust seasonings to your taste and serve.
Serving Size 1.5 cups
Servings Per Recipe 6
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
Dietary Fiber 9.5g
Protein, very lean 1