Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Heat sesame oil in wok or large skillet until hot. Add ginger root and garlic. Stir-fry about 1 minute or until light brown. Add broccoli, carrots and onion; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook and stir about 10 seconds or until thickened. Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and oyster sauce. Cook and stir 30 seconds.
Serve over brown rice or whole grain noodles if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (without rice or noodles):
- 95 calories
- 3 g protein
- 18 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fat
4 g fiber
Back to Healthy Recipes main page
Want to receive new tips, recipes, and more in your inbox once a month? Register for the free Diabetes Action eNewsletter and stay informed.
Sign Up Today!