Ask the Diabetes Educator Archive


In regard to research either with advanced insulin pumps or islet cell etc. is there a contact I can make to volunteer myself for these types of experiments?

My best suggestion for islet cell research is to contact NIH in Bethesda, MD, asking for their Diabetes/Kidney Research office. There is islet cell research going on now. They are in touch with who else is involved, and may be able to direct you. As for pump research, you will need to contact each company to see what their needs are. They all are always involved in product improvement. Your diabetes magazines usually have ads for what's on the market, and do have 800 numbers.

Get Our Newsletter