Ask the Diabetes Educator Archive


How do you find a physician specialized in diabetes in my area?

Endocrinologists are the physicians that generally specialize in diabetes, among other conditions, since it involves the endocrine gland, the pancreas. The Endocrinology Society offers a physician referral database. If there are diabetes classes offered at hospitals in your area, they should also have a list of referrals. The American Association of Diabetes Educators may also be of help.

Get Our Newsletter