Ask the Diabetes Educator Archive


I've been having problems with my sugar; its' been in the 100's when fasting and up to 200's after eating a meal 4 hrs later. I had a 3 hr glucose done my Dr. said it was fine. Should I see another Dr? When my sugar gets up that high I feel awful.

If your sugars are truly that high, and you have these symptoms, then I suggest you do see another physician. Ask for your lab results to take with you. If your glucose tolerance test is completely normal, you may want to consult an endocrinologist to determine the causes, such as diabetes insipidous. In this day of "quick" medicine, you need to be a good self advocate.

Get Our Newsletter